Back at the end of September, Barbara’s Bakery – a company that specializes in making scrumptious all natural products, you might know them better as the makers of the Puffins cereal line – invited the whole family to our local zoo for a special Barbara’s Puffins All-You-Can-Eat Blogger Breakfast!
I am not quite sure how I was lucky enough to get invited to this intimate event [there were maybe 6 other families in attendance], but I am not complaining in the least bit.
Not only did they treat us to a most delicious breakfast where we ALL contentedly sat and ate [which if you know my picky kids is a feat in and of itself!?!], but they then sent us on our way to enjoy a free adventure day at the zoo … after they gave us plenty of free cereal, snack bars, tote bags, cute Puffins stuffed animals for the kids and yummy Snackimals for us to munch on.
Eli and Cory enjoying their afternoon at the zoo after
fueling up on Puffins cereal.
One of the reasons I have fallen in love with the Barbara’s Bakery products is because they are 100% natural and they only use wholesome ingredients.
What does that mean?
It means they use no refined sugar, no hydrogenated oils and no artificial food additives, flavors or preservatives. Sometimes when companies make products like this, though, their food tastes like cardboard. You won’t have that problem here. Their foods are so tasty you will still have to practice portion control and moderation. Another added bonus is kids love their products as well. They are wonderful snacks to keep in the diaper bag and in that emergency stash in your car.
Many of their products are also:
- Dairy Free
- Low fat
- Wheat free
- Gluten Free
- Cholesterol Free
- No sodium
- Low sugar
My all time favorite cereal flavor was the original Puffins. It has the perfect crunch and just the right amount of sugar – not much atat all – which helps keep my chronic headaches away. Keri savored this one as well.
Randy loved the Honey Rice and the Peanut Butter flavors while the boys clamored for the Peanut Butter and Chocolate variety.
The Barbara’s Bakery product line also has the following:
- Granola Bars
- Multigrain Cereal Bars
- Fruit and Yogurt Bars
- Fig Bars
- Snackimals [Sweet natural cookies in the following flavors - Double Chocolate, Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter, Vanilla, Snickerdoodle and Wheat Free Oatmeal]
- Cheese Puffs
Trust me, you will find it hard to stop munching on the double chocolate Snackimals and the White Cheddar Baked Cheese Puffs. And plain cereal right out of the box is also quite fabulous!
But onto the good stuff. How can YOU win your own free Puffin Appreciation Kit?
- Simply leave a comment on this post before the end of November 8th and tell me which one of Barbara’s Bakery products you would like to try.
- One winner will be selected and they will have 2 days to respond to the email I will send them.
- Tell me something you are GRATEFUL for … anything … after all, this month is all about Thanksgiving.
- Tweet about this giveaway with a link to this specific blog post.
- Make a status update on your facebook page with a link to this specific blog post. This will earn you 3 extra entries.
- Write a blog post with a link to this specific blog post. This will earn you 5 extra entries.
I can’t wait to share the Barbara’s Bakery products with you! Puffins rule !!