I desperately need a break from packing and all things related to getting ready to move in just a few short weeks!?! Egads, so much to do!
But anyway, on to more exciting things.
Not too long ago Suave contacted me and asked if they could throw a party for me and 9 other lucky guests. They said they would foot the bill to buy some delicious food and that they would also pay to have a hair stylist of MY choice come to the soirée to teach us about styling and hair care. And on top of that, they also said they would provide some great free product to all who attended. (I must admit I have been enjoying the new Suave Professionals Rosemary Mint Shampoo and Conditioner they gave me.)
How could I pass up such an opportunity?
Let’s just say that our Girls-Night-Out Hair Styling Party Extravaganza was an absolute blast! Two of my guests, Sonya and Megan, are avid knitters and it is rare to find them not working on a project. However, John Paul – our classy hair stylist from Gene Juarez – kept them so engaged that they never even pulled out their needles!
So who is this John Paul? Here is a short bio on him … and I didn’t even realize how exceptionally talented he is in his field until I came home and googled him.
“Armed with a degree in fashion illustration from the Art Institute of Seattle, John favors classic but campy looks from old cinema. An avid traveler, he’s inspired by the beautiful hair, style and culture of different countries. John has practiced in San Francisco and Seattle; appeared on TLC’s “The Makeover Story”; and worked with celebrity clients, including Rita Moreno, Elizabeth Hasselbeck, and Nancy Pelosi.”
John easily exceeded all my expectations for the night. Not only did he share some amazing tips, but he also took the time to style all of our hair.
Since I know you are all wondering what kind of tips he shared with us, here are some highlights from our swankified evening:
1. When using your hair dryer, use the nozzle attachment so you can more accurately direct the air flow. It also makes round brushing your hair much easier because you can touch it to the brush.
2. When blow drying your hair, blow it in the opposite direction you want it to go to give it more lift, body and volume.
3. Buy a satin pillowcase or even make your own. Satin and silk pillowcases provide much less friction for you hair. As a result, not only will your hair be healthier, but you will find that your hair will be less messy, bumpy and frizzy the next morning. This is great news for those who shower at night or for those who don’t like to wash their hair every day. And another side benefit to using a satin pillowcase? It helps alleviate allergies for those who suffer from them.
4. If you use a curling iron, take the hinge and clamp off of it and just use the barrel. You will be amazed at the versatility this gives you.
5. Curling irons come in a triple barrel or three barrel variety. Try one out to create deep and beautiful waves.
6. If you are styling your hair with a curling iron, a flat iron, a round brush or anything else, use some product in your hair to help it keep the shape you are after.
7. How can you tell if you have a good quality flat iron or straightener? The ends of your hair should not be frizzy after you use it. The finished look should be glassy and straight.
And my post wouldn’t be complete without some pictures. (Sorry, the photos are not the best quality. The lighting in the room was a bit off.)
Here is a photo of me after John round brushed my hair. Why am I so round brushed challenged? He made it look so easy.
Before photo of Diana.
After photo of Diana. So cheery!
Before photo of Sonya.
After photo of Sonya. Love the classy new look!
Before photo of Megan. John had her wash her hair with the Suave Professionals Almond and Shea Butter Shampoo. As you can tell, Megan has very curly and gorgeous locks.
After photo of Megan. So sassy!
Kudos to Suave for allowing me to host such a fun filled night! I wish I could have invited everyone I knew. Thanks to all the lovely ladies who came and made the night so fabulous!