Not only did she take notes on what the leaders had to say, but she also wrote down some of her own personal thoughts which she later shared with Rudy and me.
- Choose the right.
- Read the scriptures.
- Follow the prophet every day.
- Be nice to everybody.
- Love other people.
- If you want to do something fun but you have to do something else that is not fun, go and do it.
- Be happy.
- When somebody does something nice to you say thank you.
- Be thankful.
- Forgive other people.
- Trust Jesus.
- Don’t tell lies.
- If somebody does something nice to you do something nice to them.
- Teach the gospel to other people.
- If you’re tempted to do something wrong don’t do it.
- If you do something bad to someone say sorry.
- If someone gets hurt go and help them even if you don’t know them.
- If you want something and your mom says no don’t get mad.
- If you need to be quiet but you want to be loud be quiet.
- Don’t yell at other people.
- Be a good example.
- Keep a promise.
- Be cheerful.
- If you are at a place that you really like and somebody says that you need to go home don’t get mad.
- Listen to Jesus.
- Sometime go to the Temple.
- Jesus loves us and Heavenly Father does too.
- Have faith.
- When you get a present say thank you.
There is so much I can learn from this sweet and precious child of mine. She has such a deep and abiding testimony which inspires me to want to be a better mother to her and her siblings.
A few of the thoughts she shared also shed some light on things I need to change about my parenting behavior. For example, I need to learn to not to shush my kids so often and I need to learn to find more ways to say “yes” to them.
And on a completely separate note, many people are asking me how Cory’s haircut went. It was a raging success! Cory even allowed them to use clippers in the beginning. That in and of itself amazed me.
For the most part Cory sat still, ate his Skittles and watched the show they put on for him. Of course he got a little fidgety towards the end, but then the hair stylist gave him the blow dryer to play with while she finished up and that kept him distracted.
**Cory sporting his new short look … extra short so we don’t have to get it cut for awhile.**
Since he did so well on his haircutting adventure, afterwards we went to the toy store so he could pick out a new $0.99 Matchbox police car. Of course that is what he is clutching in his hand in the picture.